But that's not the point. The point is, while reading about the various benefits of probiotics and their effect on my high uric acid, I came across this.. this shock of an ad:
Ignore the copy - it's weak and doesn't make sense. The image is what's absolutely appalling. What does this say about Arabs? Well:
- They love money. Lots of money. Cash money.
- It's every Arab man's dream to have lots of cash. US dollars.
- They are dumb and naïve, easily seduced by money.
- That Arabs and South Asians are interchangeable (the man obviously looks Indian).
- Put any piece of cloth on a brown man's head, tie rope around it, and, voila! You have an Arab.
The placement of the ad is very dumb as well. Did UFX really believe that any Arab would identify with this deformed, Jewish-influenced Hollywoodian stereotype of him?
Or have Arabs started to embody this stereotypical image and believe it does represent them? How successful has Hollywood become?
The most bizarre part is that when you click on the banner (I did out of curiosity, wondering if I'll find more deformed images), you will find a completely different image of a modern-looking young Arab with the glamorous Dubai skyline behind him.