20 January 2008

..i am nothing..


I am nothing
There are a million clouds more than the twenty above my head
There are more countless stars than the ten I see
There are millions of fingers swinging lit cigarettes
Beside the one between mine

I am nothing
There are bitterer tears in the world
Redder eyes
Deeper wounds
Paler faces
Dryer throats
More mortifying fears
More perplexing confusions
More futures unclear
More absurd delusions

I am nothing
The blue floor
The blue fire
The blue longing for my lover
And the blue haze
Evaporate amid wailing cries
And mute agonies

I am nothing
And that makes me free

2 comments:

ammaro said...

most people think they're something great, and deny the reality that their existence is infact, a tiny spec in this universe.

but yes, the feeling of freedom that comes along with not having any weight or responsibility, that's great too...

Anonymous said...

indeed you are nothing
رحم الله امرأ عرف قدر نفسه