24 November 2006

..thank you for the music..

“Everything goes wrong all at once.”

And that’s how my day went.. Everything went abso-fucking-lotely wrong! From the moment I opened my eyes there was fury, there was fire and there was fume!

I was supposed to spend the morning and afternoon with a friend at the BIC, but he ditched me, shamelessly. I went through hell trying to give my 3 free tickets away (thinking about it now, why did I bother anyway?) yet managed to find someone energetic enough to go, and gave him the tickets. I think the ditching part is what mainly messed my mood. It left me with the worst temper, especially after receiving the most ridiculous text message from the most annoying work colleague at 10 in the morning.

After a hearty Chinese lunch, I ran to a meeting, and when I arrived late in my short sexy skirt I felt naked and discovered that there were more people there than I imagined, eyeing my knees as if they were alien objects from the Land of Sins. It was a mess. I couldn’t hear anything because everyone was talking. Mind you, I’ve noticed lately how women chicken-chat like the world will go deaf tomorrow. They just can’t keep their mouths shut!

Trying to bring some serenity into my day, I decided to have coffee with a friend. Tough shit, Luigi’s is non-smoking. Why?!

So I went back home, dug out and wore some make up, drove in my uncomfortable suit to a studio for a TV interview and what do I discover when I arrive? My seat is taken. Some disoriented energy bunny miscommunicated the time. Above all, I got blamed for having “mawa3eed arab”. Crap.

That was my day. Wrong. Messed up. Yet, after I screamed all the above with a sprinkle of spicy swear words to a friend, he reminded me that it was Thanksgiving yesterday, and asked me what I was thankful for. Well, here it goes; five things I’m thankful for.

I’m thankful for the spirit I have, full of life, love, compassion and energy.

I’m thankful for my sense of humour, my wit and my few skills.

I’m thankful for my warm and loving family.

I’m thankful for my caring and supportive friends.

I’m thankful the tomorrow that will come and for every yesterday that has passed.

In spite of everything that is bitter, what are YOU thankful for?

3 comments:

H. said...

I got my heart, I got my soul
I got my back, I got my sex
I got my arms, I got my hands
I got my fingers, Got my legs
I got my feet, I got my toes
I got my liver, got my blood

I've got life , I've got my freedom
I've got the life

MooDy said...

lmao @ h > and it is true ...

Chill Entaifah ," merde appens " just like Murphy's law ... this guy is a genius ...

comeer u just need a hug >--O--< !!!

aMaL said...

h., good one, true!

moody, *hug*..